It”s difficult to walk around in full formal garb on a sandy beach. Thankfully, a beach wedding generally indicates a less glamorous occasion. That”s not to say brides and bridesmaids alike can”t dress the part. It does mean there”s less pouf involved. A beach wedding bridesmaid dress doesn”t have to touch the sand. The ideal length is to the calf. Bridesmaids are still dressed in an elegant manner, but it”s easier to walk. Dresses can be strapless or sleeved but they should compliment the bride. If she”s going sleek and streamlined, the bridal party will want to do the same.
The hem length should match that of the bride to some extent as well. If she”s wearing a full length gown, bridesmaids can wear a gown of any length, but if her dress is shorter so should the members of the bridal party.
If you”re going strapless or if your shoulders will be somewhat bare, a wrap might be in order. Beach weather is unpredictable. There”s a good chance it will be a cloudy or windy day. When purchasing your beach wedding bridesmaid dress, find out if it comes with a matching wrap. If it doesn”t, visit a dressy dress or formal wear shop to see if they sell an appropriate item.
Things to Consider With a Beach Wedding Bridesmaid Dress
It”s tough enough to walk in the sand, the last thing you want is to have to attempt this feat in heels and stocking. Shoes should also reflect the event. For dressier dresses consider strappy sandals with a short heel. A more casual dress might warrant sandals or even a pair of specially decorated flip flops. You may also prefer to forgo the stockings for a more bare look.
Where to Shop
If you”re in the market for a beach wedding bridesmaid dress, there are several places you can look.
- Bridal Shops – Bridal shops offer selections for all types of weddings in all price ranges. Whether you”re going formal or casual, the selection is vast.
- Beach Wedding Shops – Many shops specialize in garb especially for beach weddings. The shops are more prevalent in warmer weather climates and can also be found Online.
- Formal Shops – Don”t see anything you like at the bridal emporium? Why not look at prom gowns? Again, there are selections available in all lengths and all price ranges.
- Dress Shop – Your local dress shop or the “dressy dress” section of your favorite department store is sure to yield some wonderful options.
- Internet – Beach wedding wear abounds Online. Just remember, you can”t examine or try on merchandise ordered over the Internet as you would if it was purchased in person.
- J.Crew offers an elegant selection, with understated styles and colors and varying lengths.
- Anne Taylor also offers understated elegance.
- Bridal designer Alfred Angelo has a stunning collection of bridal party dresses to match destination as well as price range.
- David”s Bridal offers a wide variety in many styles, colors and price ranges. More than a few are suitable for a beach wedding.
- Browse the Siri Inc. website to find an awesome display of dresses suitable for a beach bridesmaid. With hemlines of varying lengths and halter and strapless styles, you”re sure to find something suitable.